Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Easier export

Easier export

I want to suggest making export a little more friendly, specifically to allow direct obj export. For example on the image below , in the left window, it would be cool to have one more option that says Export . and it gives you an option to export as STL or OBJ right away. 
2014-10-20 21_53_47-.png

5 Comments
schneik-adsk
Community Manager

Adding translation label

cekuhnen
Mentor

so true - the web interface still for exporting is a pain and confusing to use why not the suggested way directly out of Fusion with the part browser.

charegb
Community Manager
Status changed to: オートデスク審査落選

JamieGilchrist
Autodesk

HI KirillChepizhko and 

KirillChepizhko
Advocate

Allright so I am basically looking for something like this or even simpler ( just export that leads to a new export window) Z1oHpb6.png

What I am expecting when I initiate an export - I am trying to save the file with an extention that is readable by other programs. It is connected to my workflow, you are correct on that.  This is how I typically work with Fusion as a concept artist / industrial designer ( for personal projects) : 
1. I model alot of small parts ( you can see an example in the screenshot above)
2. Export them as obj.  
3. Use those objs later in external programs like Zbrush. 

The reason for not staying with Fusion the whole time is unmanagable browser tree as well as what looks like performance issues when hitting a certain body count. 

PS. I was recently asked to create a tutorial on my workflow in Fusion for a certain famous cg website,  I would not mind talking about the workflow more in depth with your staff if you are willing to connect me with the right department 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report