Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duel Use Monitors

Duel Use Monitors

I am working on a fairly busy assembly of a machine. On other CAD programs that I use, I usually have the main assembly on one monitor while working on single part or sub-assemblies on the other. Keeping one eye on the big picture and one on the little helps move design work along much more efficiently. In Fusion 360, this does not seem possible. I can open a second instance of F360 but interactivity is disabled which defeats the purpose. Using tabs in a single window is less efficient; for instance, measuring positions of geometry on parts within the main assembly - the inspection window remains open where data can be referenced easily. Tabbing across many parts or sub-assemblies it's easy to forget the information you just looked at. If one monitor could be used to show that main assembly, the other could be used to work on subs or parts without loosing sight of the main.

Would be nice to see duel use monitor capability in the next version of F360..

2 Comments
haughec
Autodesk

Thank you for the suggestion, but this isn't something that we intend to focus on in the near future.

Charles

haughec
Autodesk
Status changed to: RUG-jp審査通過

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report