Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drawing mode (2D) need improvement

Drawing mode (2D) need improvement

Hi, 

Time to time I"m preparing 2d drawing from my 3D designs. I found few major issues, that makes my drawing incomplete.

1. Issue I couldn't find any way how to snap my dimension to imaginary intersection of two planes. Otherwise, I need to deactivate any fillet or chamfer and then put radius dimension on paper (plotted drawing). 

Snapping issue.png

2. I didn't found how to add symbols (like Angle, Diameter) on the model sections. And then I remember when I was using Oldschool Autocad 2005 and some "magic" combination there: %%C for diameter and %%d for angle . And it works well here also...   

3. I didn't found how to put center/symmetry line on rounded model outline. Solution - add tools that will allow manually to draw symmetry/center lines and points.

4. I didn't found how to draw line between two circles. Same solution like in 3.  

Adding simple lines.png

1 Comment
TimeraAutodesk
Community Manager
Status changed to: RUG-jp審査通過

Hey @Anonymous Thanks for the great ideas. I'm archiving this because it has several ideas in it, which make tracking the status difficult. In the future please submit 1 idea at a time so that we can respond individually and better track each one's progress through our approval pipeline. I'll respond to your individual items below...

1. This is an enhancement to the dimension tool that we are aware of and it is on our roadmap to get done this year. I don't have a release date for you yet, but rest assured it is on our backlog.

2. You will have the ability to add in special characters and symbols to any dimension or text object in the next update in May.

3 & 4. This enhancement to centerlines is on our backlog, but it may not be something we can finish until later this year. 

Best,

Timera

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report