Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drawing base view plane select

Drawing base view plane select

When we create a drawing, many time, I need to select a base view ref. plane, so the base view will be oriented according to the plane I select and all the view made after will start from this reference.

Like in other CADs, we can select the differents bodies we want to see on the drawing, then we select the base plane (it can be a face selected from one of the bodies).

One great thing in Fusion, we can later change the bodies we want or not show on the drawing, this is the best for this point, but when I want to draw from a 3D position, this is not possible and it's a big problem.

Yan

2 Comments
yanouk73
Contributor

Nobody need this?!?

In Catia and most of the cad, when you start making the base view, you select the parts you want to show and the base place (or face), this plane is making the base view orientation.

it's a must when the part is rotated in 3D, you cannot have a view at double rotation and fix this in the drawing, we are making 3D design here and the parts may be strange and in many orientation.

Yan

yanouk73
Advocate

When I design an assembly in 3D, the bodies can be made in different orientation, then I want to draw this body in 2D for producing, what I need to do if the body orientation is made at 10 deg. from the horizontal?!?

in other cad, when creating a base view, you select in the 3D the bodies you want to show on the drawing and the base plane (one face or plane).

This base plane selection is an important addon for me.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report