Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DNC Communications and toolpath editor

DNC Communications and toolpath editor

I would love to see Fusion incorporate communications into their program, much like Mastercam did with Cimco Edit.

Adding a good editor with the ability to backplot toolpath for reverse engineering would be another great addition.

I posted this idea many months ago, but it is nowhere to be found.

7 Comments

I'm pretty sure they said they were looking into incorporating the HSMWorks Editor(Stripped down version of CIMCO Edit) which is in HSMWorks and Inventor HSM already.

triggerguard1
Contributor

Well, that's great news if it happens.

I'm really warming up to this program and it has so many cool features, that it's really hard not to love.

Having ran Solidworks and Alibre, as well as suffering with Mastercam, I'm tickled with what Fusion is bringing to the table.

PrecisionMachine
Explorer

So fusion 360 provides the g code without a way to communicate it to the cnc machine?

triggerguard1
Contributor

For the moment this is true, but there are a lot of DNC programs out there that help facilitate that without breaking the bank at the moment.

I just downloaded DNC4U and it's works fantastic for my old Mazak mill with Mplus control.

After the 60 days evaluation, It'll be $150.00 to purchase.

Fusion has a fantastic CAM system right now, but it, like many others;requires some time to learn all the tricks.  Once you understand the system of templates, tool libraries and derived tool processes, the programming time will come down significantly.

I have told at least a dozen people myself about Fusion and I teach a math class part-time to fabricators during the week.  I have told them all to download the program and start creating things. 

I truly believe that if Fusion keeps up at the pace they're on, they'll likely be the next Solidworks and then some, without the huge sticker shock..

My only hinderance at the moment has been with mastering assemblies, as I come from a Solidworks and Alibre background.  I suppose if I didn't have the prior experience, it would be easier than trying to figure out why it's not like the other programs I've ran.

Someday I hope to figure out the Post Processor editing as well, but there's only so much time in the day.

al.whatmough
Alumni
Status changed to: Duplicate

We will add syntaxing to the posted code in the short term.

DNC communication would be a longer term thing.

Reverse post (Backplot of G-code) is not in the backlog.

With that said, we would like to show posted code in the simulation envoriment.  However, that is not the same thing a a backplotter of posted code.  (This is best done by a 3rd party, if we made a mistake in the post, we would make the same mistake in the revese post.  If we didn't make the same mistake, then we should just fix the post)

triggerguard1
Contributor

I'm not sure I understand about the "syntaxing".  Could you please explain?

Having a window that shows the code with the path would be a nice touch as well and very useful.

Keep up the good work guys.  It really is a fantastic program that I wish I'd had 20 years ago.

al.whatmough
Alumni
Status changed to: RUG-jp審査通過

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report