Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DM: Nested Holes and rename

DM: Nested Holes and rename

Currently Fusion doesn't group similar hole feature requiring updating a group of similar sized holes a chore, as the user is required to update it 1 by 1.

Screen Shot 2016-11-29 at 11.33.08 AM.png

Screen Shot 2016-11-29 at 11.33.21 AM.png

Screen Shot 2016-11-29 at 11.33.31 AM.png

It will be great if Fusion DM environment allows same holes to be grouped/nested together. So you sort of have a parent-child relationship where updating the parent will update all the child. Something like how Threads allow us to edit thread

Screen Shot 2016-11-29 at 11.35.19 AM.png

There's however a slight different in my suggestion and in some way I think it's better then the threads way of doing things

I hope this picture will do a good explanation of it, feel free to post a comment to clarify or ask more questions about it:

Screen Shot 2016-11-29 at 1.03.27 PM.png

4 Comments
O.Tan
Advisor
Just remembered to mention that moving features is as simple as drag and drop.
keqingsong
Community Manager

Hey @O.Tan, just to clarify, you want this within the Direct Modeling environment correct? Currently this is probably a tech limitation in how the direct modeling environment solves, and we're not sure when we will able to work on it. 

keqingsong
Community Manager
Status changed to: RUG-jp審査通過

O.Tan
Advisor

@keqingsong yeah, this is within DM environment. And wouldn't this be considered as Future Consideration instead of Archive since it's a current limitation on DM? 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report