Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dimension threaded holes in drawings

Dimension threaded holes in drawings

It would be nice to dimension threaded holes in drawings.

For example in a drawing of an M6 hole, there is no thread pictured in the drawing and the only way to dimension it, is to manually write "M6" in the Dimension-field.

Also it would be nice to picture modelled threaded holes in the drawing with core hole diameter and outside diameter and not with a sketched thread profile.

31 Comments
maarten.moortgat
Participant

And also other features in drawing, like bevel (ex. 10 x 45¨°)

keqingsong
Community Manager
Status changed to: オートデスク審査落選

This is on our list of projects to get done this year. We'll keep you posted on our progress. 

jcstephens1
Advocate
I'm with you on this...draw all the holes at 6.75mm and then go back and type in "tap m8x1.25"....ugh
TimeraAutodesk
Community Manager

FYI - You can keep an eye on when we start work on this feature by checking in on the Drawings Roadmap here: http://mur.al/bW6QNqDW

jcstephens1
Advocate
Outstanding!!!
nickSUHKD
Contributor

And not just holes, but external threads too. Ideally the label should automatically include the thread length too. e.g. M6 x 12

jcstephens1
Advocate
Agreed.
cparker80
Observer

Threaded holes are quite a critical and common aspect of mechanical components, we need it! It's good to see the dev of this feature is "on deck" according to the roadmap. Thanks for your work guys any chance it'll be up and running this week? ...I've got client drawings due 😉 

TimeraAutodesk
Community Manager

@cparker80 this feature is getting picked up by the team in the next couple of weeks, so hopefully you'll have this sometime early next year. I'll update the roadmap mural with an ETA when I've got one. In the meantime you're stuck adding your hole & thread notes manually 😕

Thanks for your patience!
Timera

witr
Participant

Basically, everything the hole tool (in the Modeling environment) should be available automatically when dimensioning holes in drawings. In drawings it should also be possible to dimension one hole in a pattern and have "typ" added to the dimension.

patman27
Participant

Hey @TimeraAutodesk thanks for the periodic updates! Definitely helps to pass the time knowing that y'all are actively queueing it up.

Speaking of which, any updates on your end since the new year?

EDIT: it's 2018, apparently.

TimeraAutodesk
Community Manager

@patman27 - thanks for the bump! We ran into some kinks in the current projects that the teams are working on (custom title blocks and parts list enhancements), so we haven't gotten to hole & threads *yet*... it's still in queue tho! We'll get to it as quickly as we can, I promise!

- Timera

patman27
Participant

@TimeraAutodesk Much obliged for the update, thanks!

Stellar work so far, so excited for what's to come...

TimeraAutodesk
Community Manager

Hi All,

Would any of you be interested and available to have a quick online meeting with us? We are designing out the experience around hole and thread notes in Drawings, and we would love to get your feedback at this early stage in the process. 

Let me know and we'll get some time set up in the next few weeks.

Best,

Timera

timera.hart@autodesk.com

simon.mushi
Contributor

Hi,   Is this feature available yet? 

Garret_H
Collaborator

Hey guys, bumping this thread up. This feature would be very useful to have, I hope to see it soon.

bigbrad73
Enthusiast

seems like this would be pretty easy to import from the model. I feel like the drawing environment is the weakest part of fusion. Little things like this would help a lot!

TimeraAutodesk
Community Manager

@bigbrad73 - we know this is an important feature, and we are working hard to round out the drawings workspace still. hole and thread notes are on our list still, and we will get to them as soon as we can. Stay up to date on what the team is working on in the meantime here: http://mur.al/bW6QNqDW

Thanks for your patience,

Timera

whatwhatwhoa
Contributor

February 2019. Approximately 2 years since this feature was deemed important.

Can you guys please complete this? If you guys can't figure it out, can you give us basic fields/symbols so we can do it manually? 

Oh, and the drawing roadmap link is broken.

Garret_H
Collaborator

An expanded symbols library would be a huge step up.

I've heard of this new assembly technique called welding, seems it gets used quite a lot. There is a caveat though, you can only indicate welds with special symbols.....

Sarcasm aside, please add threaded holes and an expanded symbols library. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report