Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dimension off a construction plane

Dimension off a construction plane

So I just discovered that while I'm sketching a section to construct a feature I can not dimension an edge of my sketch to an existing construction place (one that is oriented normal to my sketching plane thus showing as a line).  This is unbelievable.  What if I wanted to designate that plane as a datum to locate other features?  then I could move multiple features that reference that datum by simply moving the datum/plane.  Please add the ability to locate off of construction planes.

2 Comments
kb9ydn
Advisor

You can't use construction geometry with joints either, which is also incredibly lame.

C|

jrinad70
Enthusiast

So I've done some more learning and have discovered how to reference a construction plane while sketching another section.  While you are sketching your section, such the "Project" command.  This will allow you to select the construction plane which will create a reference allowing one to dimension to/from it.  Not sure why one can't just select the plane and the software just adds it, but that is how you add/creat that reference to your section.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report