Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Diameter dimension tool - make persistent or intelligent

Diameter dimension tool - make persistent or intelligent

When dimensioning a diameter in a sketch, you need to first select the two lines, then right-click and select "diameter". This action has to be repeated every time - I'll often want to add lots of diameter dimensions one after the other, after roughly sketching a part, and this gets a little slow.

It would be very useful to either:

1) Make the dimension tool remember the last-chosen mode (radius or diameter) until deselected and reselected

or

2) Automatically choose radius or diameter mode if one of the two selected lines is a construction line

The second option would actually be better, and is what Inventor and Solidworks already do - see the associated forum post for example videos of this, if required: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/design-validate-document/make-diameter-dimension-tool-quot-persistent-...

2 Comments
klwill946
Contributor

I agree that diameter or radius should be the automatically selected setting for a dimension if one of the lines is circle or a curve. Alibre, now Geo Magic Design, does the selection automatically also.

promm
Alumni
Status changed to: RUG-jp審査通過

@lindsaywilson88,

Thank you for your idea, our dimension tool intelligently changes from diameter to radius based off the selected geometry.  I understand your workflow, but this is a nice to have and right now sketch is not in a place where I can prioritize wants.  For this reason the idea is being archived.

Cheers,

Mike Prom

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report