101 Kudos

Dark UI Option

by Explorer Ryan.Rivas on January - last edited January |

It would be nice to have a "dark UI" option for the interface. Sometimes It just feels a bit easier on the eyes. 

Nearly every other Autodesk program I have used in the last 10 years has this option. Its weird it hasn't been implemented in Fusion 360 as of yet.  

Dark UI.png

Thanks for the idea! Yes, this is something we'd like to get to. We have a whole project of revamping the UI and bring it out of it's 50 shades of grey and into a more modern/logical visual experience. In the meantime, try using a different environment. That should at least help with eye strain. 

Screen Shot 2017-01-12 at 1.58.11 PM.png

Comments
By: Advocate Rafmongelos
| Posted ‎12-30-2015 10:56 AM

As Autocad and other CAD Software, which have a light and dark mode, Could be very interesting to have a nice and simplest dark mode option into Fusion 360. It wil match will the whole enviroment in Mac (for example). Not only stylish, but really calm and professional.

Thanks!

By: Collaborator TMC.Engineering
| Posted ‎01-07-2016 08:08 AM

Not sure exactly what you mean. maybe this will help?

By: Advocate Rafmongelos
| Posted ‎01-07-2016 05:09 PM

Hi TMC.Engineering,

thank for your reply. No, i don't mean something like this (a dark enviroment). I mean a literally a "Dark" Fusion workspace, like the picture.

By: Contributor JColling
| Posted ‎01-11-2016 10:18 PM

I would love an official "dark" interface, too. I like to work at night many times and when I start fusion 360 up it blinds me with its white interface...ouch my eyes! Smiley Surprised

By: Contributor magnusPGNJ5
| Posted ‎05-16-2016 01:44 PM

Totally agree, I mean Maya, Photoshop, Modo, Houdini you name it, has dark interfaces because it is easier on the eyes during long sessions.

By: Observer viorelciomblea
January |

nice idee, i`d like that too, dark blue is also good for eyes 

By: Community Manager
January |
Status changed to: Future Consideration

Thanks for the idea! Yes, this is something we'd like to get to. We have a whole project of revamping the UI and bring it out of it's 50 shades of grey and into a more modern/logical visual experience. In the meantime, try using a different environment. That should at least help with eye strain. 

Screen Shot 2017-01-12 at 1.58.11 PM.png

By: Explorer Ryan.Rivas
January |

Right on! I eagerly await the update. I just love to see that all you guys and gals listen to us "little people." Keep up the amazing work! Fusion is an amazing tool. 

January |

@Ryan.Rivas There are no such thing as "little people" in Fusionland. Everyone has a voice, and we listen to all of you :)

By: Mentor
January |

Not sure who knows this but if you enter the text command options.theme /dark gives you a dark shell menu:

Dark.jpg

Not a solution, but getting closer.

I don't know how to UNDO the dark menu though so it's a good thing I really like it Smiley LOL

By: Advocate
January |

bumping the thread, this is a brilliant idea. Having dark environment is good but having dark UI best. Most of us work through the night with it

By: Advisor Lonnie.Cady
January |

@Steinwerks maybe you already figured this out

but options.theme /light

January |

Please do a search first before you post. There's already an idea on this. Merging this one with the other one now. 

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean