Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom settings for all visual elements

Custom settings for all visual elements

Hi,

F360 is a visual tool that means almost everything we do in F360 is guided by our eyes. From my opinion currently F360 lacks of user friendly colors almost everywhere.

Higlighted elements (e.g. construction planes, faces, lines in sketches) have only subtle differences in colors as already mentioned here:

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/ideastation-request-a-feature-or/sketches-color-differences-need-to-b...

But there are more lacks:

I am working with a high resolution screen (iMac 27" 2560x1440 px) which is really great to work with F360.

One problem I have is the visibility of, lines in skteches, construction lines and also inside CAM the paths, lead-in, lead-out, etc. they appear too thin.

Furthermore I cannot distinguish the color of these thin lines if it is purple, blue, black or whatever because they appear too thin, just one pixel width.

So please add an option in preferences where I can set the thickness of all lines in F360.

I also want highlighted elements appear thicker. The thickness also should get a custom setting in preferences.

It would be also great if one could set custom colors for all elements like lines, selected lines, projected lines, construction planes, highlighted planes, faces, selected faces, bodies, selected bodies, etc..

This would give the user more control over how he wants to see, highlight etc. the visual elements.

Please also consider people who are handicapped with their eyes they often whish to get more contrast or whatever.

So please add custom settings for all visual elements in F360.

Thanks a lot!

4 Comments
thburn
Collaborator

Ok guys,

since 2 weeks this idea is online now and still 0 Kudos???

So am I really the only one with this kind of problem?

Does nobody use a high resolution screen for working with F360 and face same problems?

On my I mac 27" a one pixel line has a width of only 0.2mm - and if this line is yellow (e.g. on toolpath) then this line is really difficult to see and work with.

So this a real existing problem - I really wonder that no user and noone from F360 team has a comment on this issue!?!

It could not be that big deal to provide an option 'Line width' under preferences - or am I wrong?

paradocs111
Participant

I wholeheartedly agree. I use Fusion 360 every day but now that I am 70 I don't have the visual skill I once had. I know I'm not alone.

Distinguishing between blue and green as well as yellow and gold is frequently impossible for me when I in simulation and all the 3D tool paths are overlapped or superimposed. Having the ability to set custom colors would be a great benefit to many of us. And from a software standpoint I know it will not be that difficult to implement. Please help many of us out.

Many thanks in advance,

Mark Roberts

KillaWillaWhale
Community Visitor

We need this. Projected geometry comes in as pink, undefined sketch geometry comes in as pink. Fully defined geometry turns black which is hard to see against grey bodies, but maintains a pink outline if there is projected geometry behind it, which makes it very difficult to see if sketch entities are defined. It is seriously important that users be able to tell geometry that is fully defined or not.

In addition, hardcore CAD users have likely come from another CAD suite where they have already customized all their colors and want to be able to set colors (at least I do) that they are familiar seeing.

Regards,

Elwood

nilsaero
Community Visitor

T agree too, this is a real problem for certain hardware configurations.

This really makes me reconsider the choice of 3D software to use.

Funny that ergonomics in the same way as environmental issues (just a comparison ...) are still the last served guys in 2018

Please do something about this, it makes the tool really nice to use for everybody.

thank you in advance

(as a small business, i can't afford to pay thousands of euros every year for licences my software tools).

I agree to pay but in proportion to my business.

Seems reasonable for me, I hope i am not only one

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report