Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom Profile Coil/Thread

Custom Profile Coil/Thread

All,

Here is the encountered problem:

I am on my third model that requires actual thread modeling.  In this case I have a 7/16-8 ACME screw (A very none standard thread).  I first tried to use the thread tool but 7/16-8 is not an option and I can't custom define anything, so I can't use that.  Then I drew my own tooth profile and tried to do some sort of revolving extrude but could not find any option to do so that worked.  So, I tried to use the coil tool, but that only lets you do circles and not custom profiles.

What I need:

A tool similar to Coil or Thread that allows me to revolve a custom profile while rotating it about an axis.  We would need a pitch (Turns/unit) and another input specifying how many times to go around or for what distance.  This could be an expanded revolve tool option or an option under the coil tool to use a custom profile.

V/r,

Hawking

2 Comments
thburn
Collaborator
mohsenbehvar
Contributor

the thread tool is in desperate need for custom options. both for all diameters and for the profile.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report