Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create Folders in offline mode for better File structure

Create Folders in offline mode for better File structure

Hi folks

Love the program.

However it is lacking the ability to create folders in offline mode,

We really need this feature so we can better organise our files when working offline.

Having all our files displayed in just one group is very messing and hard to work with when

we have more than one project on the go, especial when each of our ongoing projects

have Multiple components.

I am currently working on prototypes for a business I am hoping to start in the near future,

I am not really a fan of having all my intellectual property and hard work being on display in the cloud

for anybody to possibly hack into and steal since none of it has a patent attached to it yet.

Can you please give us the ability to create folders in offline mode so we can better organize our project.

Regards

Damien

2 Comments
DmCollins
Participant

As an after thought could we please also have view controls such as

sort by name / date

And

View as grid / list in the data panel,

As well as create folder.

Basically all the features we have available in online mode should be available to us in offline mode,

so we can run it as a stand alone product on work stations that do not have internet connections

Or have very slow connections.

Having to wait for what can some times take up to 2 minutes for the cloud uploads just slows us down,

some of us have rather slow internet connections due to our geographical location and distance to the nearest landline hub,

it can some times take up to 5 minutes for the cloud uploads to complete, mean while the program is just

Sitting there in a hung state waiting for uploads to complete before we can get back to work.

keqingsong
Community Manager
Status changed to: Implemented

We've update Fusion 360 so your folder structure stays intact when you go offline. We have more enhancements coming, you can read about it here: http://www.autodesk.com/products/fusion-360/blog/fusion-forecast-offline-mode/

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report