Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Create a detail view from sectional view

Create a detail view from sectional view

HI 

I would like to create a detail view from sectinal view. Many times I need to show a detail from sectional view or knowing measure in drawing.

Regards 

Gilberto

28 Comments
mitch.sc
Explorer

I'm amazed this isn't standard, this is routinely necessary.

TimeraAutodesk
Community Manager
Status changed to: ć‚Ŗćƒ¼ćƒˆćƒ‡ć‚¹ć‚ÆåÆ©ęŸ»č½éø

Advocate

Thanks for being accepted this idea

Regards

Gilberto

Amenotepia
Enthusiast

Still nothing on this? I cannot believe it...

wayne.ward.01
Explorer

I created my first drawing today, and this is so commonly used, I can't believe it's not included. Other than this, so far, so good. Very intuitive

christianARL9U
Explorer

Also just went to do this, any timeframe on this update?

f.garza
Observer

I use this feature everyday in SolidWorks and Inventor. I want to switch to Fusion 360 but this feature is too important to me. Please add this feature so I can produce good drawings.

RobbGodshaw
Contributor

Screenshot 2016-06-04 17.44.01.png

When is this getting impemented?

iangregg
Explorer

This is the very first thing I wanted to do with my very first drawing, make a section view and then enlarge part of it in a detail view.  At first I did not get any error message and wasted a lot of time.  After many attempts I got the error message and found this thread.

What is the latest???

When will this be implemented???

cwhuntza
Explorer

This is really essential when doing detailed manufacturing drawings and should have been in the original drawing package. Pleasimplement this as soon as possible.

iangregg
Explorer

Can someone please confirm the correct place to vote for this feature to be implemented.

Advocate

Hi iangregg, 

You have to vote a kudo in order to be implemented in a next future. There are voted as many as possible.

I hope we can achieve soon

Gilberto

wayne.ward.01
Explorer

Use the VOTE button at the top of the page to add your support for this essential improvement

Fusion vote.jpg

chris
Explorer

Hard to believe that software intended to be a serious drafting tool would be released without this feature.

agt4744
Community Visitor

Drawings of revolved objects with intricate features need this capability.  Fusion 360 is not capable of depicting anything with an o-ring.  Go here for examples:

https://www.parker.com/literature/ORD%205700%20Parker_O-Ring_Handbook.pdf  

dade6
Explorer

this absolutely necessary!!

benguestN73BB
Contributor

Really kind of flabbergasted that this isn't a standard feature. 

Amenotepia
Enthusiast
And can you guys believe we are already in 2017 and this has still not happened?
mitchell.huner
Community Visitor

And still waiting for this feature....  Isn't this a program for part design? Sectional specifics tend to be a necessity. 

rapiddsol
Enthusiast
Didn't even run into this yet...but really!?!?
Starting to look like Fusion 360 is not a robust tool for design. Wish these forums had popped up while looking into it originally.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report