Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Constrained Orbit with 3D Connexion Space Mice

Constrained Orbit with 3D Connexion Space Mice

Hi, this is a request to enable constrained orbit as an option when using 3D Connexion space mouse peripherals. 

While it is currently possible to set Fusion 360 to lock the horizon with constrained orbit, this setting doesn't carry over to the space mouse. Many users prefer the constrained orbit for design work as locking the horizon shows you your object as you would in the real world. You may notice a lot of users using an unconstrained orbit tool spend a lot of time rolling the camera around in order to get the horizon level.

This issue has been brought up a few times before:

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/ideastation-request-a-feature-or/space-pilot-lock-axis/idi-p/5421537

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/design-validate-document/lock-horizon-horizontally-for-orbit/m-p/6909...

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/design-validate-document/lock-horizon-in-fusion-360/td-p/6909876

12 Comments
yanouk73
Advocate

Generaly, I have many problem using my space mouse (3d connection) why I need to select the pan using the regular mouse to have the space mouse starting working?!?

Any improuvement of these 3D connection mouses will be great for many people, when start using a 3D mouse you can't understand what you were doing before to have it, it's a must.

BTW fusion is now really hot, we appreciate your great job so far.

robin.hanhart
Explorer

Fully agree. I'm used to locking the horizon in Rhino.

As it is now it makes it really hard for me to navigate in Fusion 360 with the 3D Connexion Controller. I'm constantly correcting the roll to get to horizon level.

It's something small but I think would help a lot of users.

takitish
Participant

I also agree. Lock horizon is almost all 3D editors.  Already in 2018, but in fusion360, the horizon lock still does not work with popular manipulators 3D Connexion Controller. Fix it, please!

gjetsonMRHC8
Community Visitor

I don't buy software that doesn't support 3Dconnexion mice. If I can't Constrain Orbit, can I really call it "supported"? No, not really. I'm super impressed with F360 but if they don't fix this VERY soon I'll just keep using Rhino because my 3Dconnexion Enterprise makes my work go crazy fast. Without it, I'm working with one hand tied behind my back.

Thanks but no thanks AutoDesk.

serpico.biz
Explorer

Come on Autodesk, this is an easy additional option to have.
Just started using Fusion again today since previous use 8 months ago, to see if it's been added, but alas no.
Such an easy and obvious thing to implement, why exclude potential users for the sake of a simple option?
This omission for such a powerful mouse is very odd.

Are you listening to your users?

Back to Maya it is then, maybe in 2030?

coali
Community Visitor

Please add constrained feature. I'm beyond disappointed having just purchased a spacemouse for the sole purpose of a more intuitive navigation experience in Fusion 360. I just bought a 360 license with the intent to migrate from Rhino, really is a shame. 

davepattenden
Observer

Update on this Autodesk? Or are you ignoring as you cant achieve? 

ericFVXCP
Explorer

Any update on this?

ulrich.schirm
Community Visitor

Constrained orbit using a PaceMouse is urgently requested! No workaround known so far...

stephen_mcmillan
Enthusiast

Adding a vote for this.

"Constrained orbit" or "Lock Horizon" with 3DConnextion space mouse and space navigator.

Please please please.

3anubis9
Explorer

Really frustrating. Hope it gets fixed one day.

Jason.w.horn
Contributor

Yes, please allow constrained orbit with the 3D Space Mouse. Very difficult to keep the horizon level.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report