Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conform geometry like Alias Studio

Conform geometry like Alias Studio

It would be great to have a conform tool to match separate bodies to existing surface geometry as you can in Alias Studio. 

See image below where detail is matched to existing geometry.

conform geometry.png

5 Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable

F360 should have a command like Rhino "Flow along surface".

It is very useful in jewelry, for example. You create your model in flat, then this command flow the flat model along a curved surface.

This:

Screenshot - 01_10_2015 , 22_24_54.png

Obviously, it should be able to parameterized

PD: Again, sorry for my English.

colin.smith
Alumni
Status changed to: Gathering Support

Alias has a similar tool called conform which Rhino obviously copied Smiley Tongue

I've got this on my list, release date TBD.

Couila
Explorer

When dealing with complex sketches and curved surfaces, the circular pattern method doesn't cut it, especially when the sketch is a detailed pattern, i stumbled on the issue when i needed to put "decorative" speaker holes on a cylindrical body or emboss a detailed logo around a conical shaped bottle, for example putting a 180*+ Coca Cola embossed logo on a Coca Cola bottle is impossible right now, this feature seemed to be requested some time before and is in consideration but i wanted to bump the issue on top in hopes for more votes this time. Here an example of the ease of use of the feature in an other software.

Thanks.

keqingsong
Community Manager
Status changed to: Future Consideration

Thank you for your idea, this is a great idea, but we don't know when this will happen. Our plan is to revisit this idea as well as similar topics like sketch normal and bending. We'll keep you posted on our progress. 

asraf.kafaouin
Explorer

Please do something for this (conform rig and bend body), it will take the modelling capabilities to another level, especially for designers. I noticed lathely that all updates are more engineering and machining focused. Do not forget the designers in the process of developing Fusion 360 (which happens to be my favorite tool) 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report