Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Command to directly find imported components in the Data Panel

Command to directly find imported components in the Data Panel

I find when working in a design I frequently want to quickly  locate an imported component in the data panel- or open in A360.

I can open the original file from my design, yes, but what I want to do with my many electronic parts is often not to edit the original, but to annotate the notes or make comments in the file, to change the part number (this comes up a lot), or some other action that needs access to the record in the data panel or online. I'd like a link to open an imported component's details on the web without having to first open the component in A360- I may want to know if this part is used in other designs, and which ones, or to add source or cost references to my notes. Problem is, with so many parts, finding one in the data panel is not necessarily easy. It may be in another project, or another design. And typing in the part #'s like MM0906-0-15-20-76-14-11-0 into search when they don't fully display in the browser unless you mouse over them (which precludes typing) is cumbersome. Copy-paste for component names does not work, for obvious reasons. 

The best I can do is to first open the component in Fusion, then choose "Open Details on Web" from the file menu.  At least the path shows once I open on the web, so I know where to look to find it in Fusion. 

What I would love is to be able to RMB on an imported component and have an option to either "Show in Data Panel", or "Open on Web".

-Ron

1 Comment
Oceanconcepts
Advisor

Cut and paste error above- "I'd like a link to open an imported component's details on the web without having to first open the component in A360" should be "without having to first open the component independently in Fusion". 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report