Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change dimension and text color in drawings

Change dimension and text color in drawings

It would be really helpful if you could change the color of text and dimensions in drawings. This way if you send a revised drawing to your machinist, machine shop or manufacturer you can highlight the changes with a different color so it's obvious what has been changed.

13 Comments
sanguish
Advocate

This is also super important for those of us with image issues.

dimensions and constraints, and even construction lines

TimeraAutodesk
Community Manager
Status changed to: オートデスク審査落選

TimeraAutodesk
Community Manager

Hey @yoshimitsuspeed, this is already being worked on by the teams so keep your eyes peeled for it in a future update. If you haven't already seen it, check out the Drawings Roadmap which was recently updated, it will show you this item as well as others that are currently in progress or on-deck. http://www.autodesk.com/products/fusion-360/blog/2d-drawings-check-roadmap/ 

s.david.baxter
Advocate

Another reason for this change is that what a Sketch is fully constrained the colour turns black.....the same colour as the dimension lines.  If you are not careful you can confuse them.

mvsmith32
Community Visitor

How about the option to have dimensions the same gray color as constraints, or at the very least the a lighter line weight than object lines?

t.lamourine
Advocate

yes PLEASE make it so we can change colors or line weight or something so dimension lines don't blend in with the actual objects outline. Even better would be to allow us to assign custom colors ourselves.  the one thing I actually liked about Sketchup was I could make faces, lines and such what ever color I wanted. I had dimenisions in black, outlines in red and faces in green.. made it very easy to identify what was what. 

ShayaGhanbar
Advocate

Hi @TimeraAutodesk,

Any news on when we can change the colour of a dimension in the drawing environment?

Thanks,

amasters
Contributor

Wow, This is so important to proper 2D drawings for manufacturing.  We NEED to have dimension color control (like on a layer) and line weight control.  On a busy drawing, its difficult to distinguish between the part and the dimensions.

We need this ability ASAP.  Currently exporting to SolidWorks to complete the drawings.  How horrible a workaround is that?

Thanks,

Austroanglo
Explorer

I agree this is important to distinuish between outline and dimension lines. Allow color/weight change of one or the other. Please implement...

DeckelHead
Observer

I ran into this too this evening.  Wow! It must be an awfully difficult feature to implement if it is over 2 years in development!  Man Happy

s.david.baxter
Advocate
Actually, I did find a solution to this issue so to speak. Change your
environment to Gray Room which turns you background gray allowing the
dimensions to appear Green thereby providing the contrast the separate
lines from dimensions. It would also be nice if you could "turn off"
dimensions the way you can with constraints.
alan.bottomley2
Explorer

I one percent agree that having control of dimension lines - both color and weight - would be a great improvement for Fusion 360.

When is it coming?

s.david.baxter
Advocate
I have noticed that if you change your background color to black the
dimensions show up in a different colour.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report