Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chamfer on Corners

Chamfer on Corners

This is to simplify and speed up the current method of using a construction plane through 3 points around a corner. Currently you have to define points by sketching, create a construction plane using these, use the split body function on the plane, and move/delete the 'corner piece' away from the original body. While this is very precise, it is slow when you don't require that precision.

My idea, which I'm sure many have also had, is to simply allow the Chamfer command to be used on corners, no extra command required. Depth of cut and XYZ angle manipulators allow precise control of the chamfer. This would allow very versatile shaping of a form for many different purposes.

plane2.PNG

3 Comments
GrAndAG
Collaborator

Actually, you can have chamfer on a corner just in 2 steps using the Chamfer feature only. See screencast.

f360_corner_chamfer.gif

Anonymous
Not applicable

@GrAndAG that is so cool! Thank you for showing this method. I still would like the method I outlined, but will be using yours in the meantime, hoping for future enhancements.

colin.smith
Alumni
Status changed to: RUG-jp審査通過

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report