Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Center point slot should constrain to first point picked

Center point slot should constrain to first point picked

When using the center point slot tool in the sketch environment, the center point of the slot does not actually constrain to the selected center point.  Most other sketch entities allow automatic constraining (like lines and circles, auto-constrained to the points picked).  

The center point slot should follow this behavior.  The overall slot seems to also have problems constraining to points picked.  It seems the construction line can be snapped to the opposite tangent of the circle if the geometry moves correctly.

Of course you can always use the constraint tools in the sketch panel or drag-drop geometry to re-constrain.  But you shouldn't have to if you've already picked the points where you want your geometry constrained.  I've gotten to the point where I regularly draw slots where I don't want them and then drag them into location because it's less work that way.

The center to center slot seems to constrain fine, like most of the other geometry in Fusion 360.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report