Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Camera Orbit mode - "fly a drone with a camera"

Camera Orbit mode - "fly a drone with a camera"

It would be great if I could have another orbit mode which will let me "fly" the camera instead of manipultating the object. Maya / Google earth does it pretty well. I find myself moving an rotating the object quite a bit during sketches to get the impression of it from many directions, with 3DConnexion the orbit is practially free all the time and gets really confusing when the origin is not centered correctly.

In other words, imagine I'm flying a drone above my scene / object and I want to fly it around using my 3DConnexion mouse, get inside the object, look around, fly out of an openning, turn around and look back, slide to the side... much like a 1st person shooter game mode 🙂

BTW same feature for Inventor would be great as well!

Love Fusion 360! thanks for a great application.

2 Comments
TimeraAutodesk
Community Manager
Status changed to: RUG-jp審査通過

Thank you for idea - this is getting archived due to lack of votes. If you feel strongly that this is needed, please resubmit with more detail on why you think this is valuable to Fusion 360 users so that the idea gathers some more support from the community.

prosysw
Community Visitor

I agree, that is a more 'natural' way to approach using the mouse from the perspective of a newbie to 3D mouse control.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report