Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CAM - which side of the line you are cutting? Toolpath visibility improvement

CAM - which side of the line you are cutting? Toolpath visibility improvement

Just a small suggestion that would make life a bit easier for some workflows.  I have been cutting a number of large parts out of flat 2mm stock lately and the arrow for indicating which side of a sketch you are cutting during a 2D outline operation is getting very annoying.  The geometry I'm cutting are all sketch outlines and the stock is about a 900mm square.  When selecting the operation geometry it is hard to tell which side of the line the arrow is indicating when zoomed out to see the whole stock (first picture).  So when selecting each outline you have to zoom in (second picture) on each part to make sure you are cutting the correct side of the line.  I suggest using a different arrow style to make this more readable at different zoom levels (third picture).  I apologize for my MS paint graphic skills but I think it describes the style of arrow that would solve this issue.

Zoomed Out - hard to readzoomed out.PNG

zoomed in.PNG

Zoomed In - easier to read

SuggestedArrow.png

Suggested Arrow - easy to read at all zoom levels

1 Comment
keqingsong
Community Manager
Status changed to: オートデスク審査落選

Yes, this is definitely something we need to fix, and good news is, we don't think it's that hard. Basically what's happening is that the arrow starts at the radius of the cutting tool, but for 2d cutting such as waterjet, laser, and plasma, the tool is basically a hairline, and we have taken that into account. We'll have this fixed soon so that the arrows are not on top of the toolpath if they weren't meant to be.  Here's a screenshot of the improvement that is in progress: 

Screen Shot 2017-03-21 at 11.33.56 AM.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report