15 Kudos

Cam Templates User Interface

by Explorer Robert_Allport 2 weeks ago |

All,

Would like to submit an idea for a better User Interface for Cam templates. First I want to say that Cam Templates are great !!!... However with that being said "How to Store, Manage and Retrieve them"  needs some improvement. Below is a picture of how this

possible could be done. Hopefully the "picture and text" will give you a good idea of how it could work.

The "Circled Numbers" show the steps that the user would take to "Import"  Template(s)  they want to use.

The  "Circled Letters"  are brief description/notes to what needs to happen. 

Also it would be great if we could also do minor editing.  At least, Renaming Templates, Deleting Templates from the interface.

Cam Template.jpg

I would love to "accept" this idea as it is something we are deeply passionate about.  We actually want Templates to become "first class citizens".  As you use the product and build templates you should be using templates more often then the core tool paths as they capture your machining preferences and intelligence.

Sadly, For now, I need to mark this as "future Consideration" in full transparency that this isn't something we will get to this QTR or Next.

With that said, we are serious about this.  So, keep the votes and Ideas coming.

Cheers,

Al 

Comments
By: Mentor
Tuesday |

While this may not be the final solution to improving the Template management, it would be a step in the right direction

By: Product Manager
Thursday |
Status changed to: Future Consideration

I would love to "accept" this idea as it is something we are deeply passionate about.  We actually want Templates to become "first class citizens".  As you use the product and build templates you should be using templates more often then the core tool paths as they capture your machining preferences and intelligence.

Sadly, For now, I need to mark this as "future Consideration" in full transparency that this isn't something we will get to this QTR or Next.

With that said, we are serious about this.  So, keep the votes and Ideas coming.

Cheers,

Al 

By: Enthusiast macca5
11 hours ago |

This would be a major enhancement for fusion, template driven tool paths for each machine and cutter / material combination. 

It would push programming efficiency / consistency through the roof.

P

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean