I propose that right-clicking on a Setup and clicking "Machining Time" should show not ONLY the total machining time for all operations within the setup (as it does now) but ALSO a list with EACH operation and its respective machining time!
1) When editing operations to reduce cycle time, OFTEN there is the most to gain in the longest operation.
2) If you want to understand why a Setup Machining time is so long, this feature will QUICKLY show you which operations are taking the majority.
3) If you have a S&F typo (e.g. accidentally drilling at 0.2 IPM instead of 20 IPM) it's a quick way to sanity check WHY you drill operation is taking 47 minutes instead of ~1 minute).
4) We often receive CAM files from customers who want help optimizing their CAM strategies - this would help me understand, similar to #1 and #2 above, what's taking the longest
5) I believe (at the risk of being presumptuous) that this feature should be easy to implement!
You must be a registered user to add a comment. If you've already registered, sign in. Otherwise, register and sign in.