Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CAM Enhancement - Dynamic CAM Toolpath

CAM Enhancement - Dynamic CAM Toolpath

A quick CAM idea that would be very useful.

How about being able to visually manipulate/tweak the CAM toolpaths with your mouse (after the CAM paths have been generated with the editor)? In the same way that you can Push/Pull and extrusion with your mouse, using the Push/Pull arrows, it would be great to fine-tune the toolpaths in CAM by right-clicking your mouse to make the adjustment. The changes can be made visually or a simpler dialog box (similar to what is appearing in CAM edit already, but simpler), would allow for numerical changes. Just right-click on the toolpath and a simpler dialog box would appear to change standard settings

I think this would be great for:
- tweaking individual lead-in and lead-out paths/arcs/lengths - which would allow for more 'creative' fixturing, or if you are simply trying to avoid hitting a fastener.
- Adjusting feeds in certain toolpath zones
- applying bezier handles to toolpaths for more accurate tweaking - especially useful for defining where the tool enters and exits the path
- allow for tighter nesting of parts

Just a suggestion - not sure if this was discussed before. The idea came up when struggling to 3D Contour organic surfaces that intersected with geometric ones, and wishing I could just move a couple of the paths with my mouse. This would be designed to help tweak the toolpath after it's been generated. 

CAM Adjustment.JPG

Thanks,

Dave

1 Comment
al.whatmough
Community Manager
Status changed to: Future Consideration

This is an excellent idea and one that we may revisit at some time.

However, at present, this is not something we will be able to dedicate resources too in the near to medium term.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report