Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CAM DEFAULT Simulation Settings

CAM DEFAULT Simulation Settings

Please give us the ability to set default parameters when performing CAM Simulation.

I find that often when I fire up Fusion CAM Simulation, I have to go through and set the Toolpath display, click for the Stock to be turned on. Now that I've learned how to change the graphics quality, I'm sure I'm going to have to make those settings each and every time as well.

Please let us choose and set the defaults.

18 Comments

Same for Inventor HSM and HSMWorks!

bmxjeff
Collaborator

And, CAM simulation Mac can't remember if the stock is on or off. Its just off everytime! 

But, it's the only CAM on Mac, so thanks!

al.whatmough
Alumni

So, there is a reason we have not done this yet.  Stock simulation is the most unstable part of the product (not that is it that unstable)

If could be easy for users to by defualt leave on options that cause the software to crash.   

I know this isn't a good answer, but it is an honest answer.

As soon we are confident with the stability of stock simulation we will make it the default option.

al.whatmough
Alumni
Status changed to: オートデスク審査落選

Happy day!

And @al.whatmough

I'd always prefer an honest answer to a pretty, flowery answer. Even when it's stuff I don't like the answer to

azonin
Observer

Any updates on when this is going to be implemented? It's been 1.5 years since Autodesk accepted it.

ElTejano
Enthusiast

Just do it already.

NYC_CNC
Advocate

Let's get this implemented!

gregory.s.rad
Participant
Please make this a priority

Wow, this was a while ago. I almost forgot that I actually submitted this idea. The wheels of development move slow on some things, it seems....

vladimirtrubin
Enthusiast

THIS WOULD BE VERY USEFUL and TIME SAVING FOR ME.

westbadeniron
Observer

I would really like to see this implemented.  It is very annoying to have to turn the stock on every single time you simulate.  I simulate everything and having the stock on with the model off is one of the best ways to see errors in my opinion.

Thanks,

Jason

mklotz70
Participant

Seriously? Accepted almost 2 years ago and it's still not done?  Is this because you guys are still worried about the CAM simulation side crashing?  If so, why hasn't it been fixed in the last two years?  If not, then why hasn't this been done?  How about an update on the status of this issue, please.

schmittre
Enthusiast

Just get rid of the reflective materials completely while your at it. 

sales
Enthusiast

Hear, hear! I'm growing weary of changing settings every time I restart the software. Ug.

Thank you,

Tyler

TrollTuner2
Advocate

Al   What about this?   Still not a stable simulation?  

Collin_Korver
Advocate

There is a direct relationship between how often Fusion crashes and how often I have to change these settings. Why would all tool paths be the default? Please lets get a move on this

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report