Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CAM 2D Bore needs "Select Same Diameter" option like Drill

CAM 2D Bore needs "Select Same Diameter" option like Drill

99% of my work is acrylic sheet routing, rarely changing tools.  If I have an array of 34 .25" holes to bore/pocket with a 4mm or 6mm tool, I have to select each face/hole at a time.  The Geometry "Select Same Diameter" option in the Drill function would be fantastic in the Bore options.  Emphasis on Fantastic.

8 Comments
HughesTooling
Consultant

Under the drill options there is an option Bore Milling that does what you're asking for.

Clipboard01.png

Mark

hair_helmet
Contributor

That's handy, thank you.

hair_helmet
Contributor

After using the Drill function and having to re-cut a part not realizing the Diameter has to be defined each time, I must take my previous position in a request for a "Select Same Diameter" command in the 2D Bore function.  And/Or have the Drill/Bore diameter auto define as the same as the hole/face selected. 

If I'm doing an array of holes that will be tapped manually, remembering what I set the pilot hole diameter at in the design will cost time.  If the part is somewhat complex and I'm designing in the the tolerances for a press fit....  I want to design it and forget it.

If I'm making rookie mistakes, and there's a better way to approach this.....

HughesTooling
Consultant

@hair_helmet wrote:
After using the Drill function and having to re-cut a part not realizing the Diameter has to be defined each time, I must take my previous position in a request for a "Select Same Diameter" command in the 2D Bore function.  And/Or have the Drill/Bore diameter auto define as the same as the hole/face selected.

Yes it does seem like the Mill Bore in drill op is half finished! The only tip I have for now is if you use the measure tool, select the hole edge and double click the diameter number on the measure dialog the size is copied to the clip board.

Clipboard01.png

Mark

hair_helmet
Contributor

It seems both the 2D Bore and Drill could swap and share some features.  2D Bore has features and tool path options I like that are similar in concept to other 2D CAM functions, my eyes quickly go to certain key parameters that must be double checked before post processing.

The Measures Copy to Clipboard tip is useful for a number of things

FireNWater
Contributor

Neither the Bore Milling or Circular pocket milling options drill the correct size hole from your model.  I wasted some stock finding this out the hard way . . .

hair_helmet
Contributor
If using the Bore Milling within ‘Drill’ options, the diameter must be set manually. 2D Bore automatically mills the hole as designed. Expanded 2D Bore functionality would be much appreciated.
FireNWater
Contributor
Yes, if "they" could merge the three functions functionality.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report