Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BUTTON REMPAPPING

BUTTON REMPAPPING

Hi Autodesk

Please include a feature to do button remapping, this has been highly requested by a few people that i work with and unlocks some great custom UI potential for the program. Maybe include preset navigation presets like 3D STUDIO MAX, MAYA etc and then complete button remapping.  

PLEASE CONSIDER THIS!

Kind regards

1 Comment
Scoox
Collaborator

I've searched the forums and there are literally dozens of threads requesting the ability to configure custom mouse button mappings. Many of these threads have been archived becasue they were posted when Fusion 360 was not as popular as it is today. There are many other threads requesting mouse button mappings like in "XYZ software" (Maya, etc), and many posts expressing dissatisfaction about the way orbit requires a modifier key.

I agree with all of them. I can tolerate requiring a modifier key for fine zooming, but two is one too many. The worst offender is of course Shift + MMB for orbit. It's like having to hold Shift every time I inhale. Orbit should be assigned to the RMB (modifier + RMB could be used to temporarily activate the other orbit mode i.e. constrained or 3D, depending on which one is set as default mode), but Autodesk will claim that this is not possible because RMB mouse gestures are a "core" feature of Fusion 360. This is yet another classic case of the Sunk Cost Fallacy: Just because you've put the money and time into coding a feature half your users find worthless doesn't mean you should force it on everyone. Let users choose their own workflow—everyone wins.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report