Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bring back Beta Lathe toolpathing.

Bring back Beta Lathe toolpathing.

Would it be possible to bring back the beta lathe toolpathing option that was once available? I'm sure no one will complain about an imperfect interface.
13 Comments
YoSmite
Enthusiast
Waiting more than a year may be more than I can stand 🙂
CB1220F
Collaborator

I also think that lathe toolpaths should be tuned back on, even if it's only in beta.

Todd

fonsecr
Autodesk

We havn't had turning support released as beta for Fusion 360 so I'm not sure what you have seen before. Turning is in the works but it will take some time before it will be ready.

garritjacobson
Enthusiast

I remember back when Fusion CAM was CAM 360 we had the ability to make and select tools for turning but I don't remember being able to make turning tool paths. I think that just came over from HSMWorks though. HSM inventor doesn't even have turning yet, but HSMWorks does. I am really looking forward to 2 axis turning to be added to Fusion CAM. I was wondering why the team decided to put 5 axis support in before 2 axis turning. I'm sure there are more of us with access to a turning center, or a homemade CNC lathe than a 5 axis CNC. 

fonsecr
Autodesk

Ok. The tool library on Windows has support for creating turning tools but there hasnt been any support for creating turning toolpath. 5-axis missing is easier to add since the user interface is the same as for 3-axis milling. Turning requires a lot of new user interface but we are working on this. First for Inventor HSM, though.

YoSmite
Enthusiast
Thanks for trying to get the lathe functions going. Lathe compatibility would open up Fusion to a lot more CAM customers.
johnson2423
Enthusiast

I'm completely new to Fusion 360, but lathe tool pathes is easily the main reason i'd switch from SW over to this platform.  Please hurry along the lathe interface.

schneik-adsk
Community Manager
Status changed to: オートデスク審査落選

al.whatmough
Alumni
Status changed to: Implemented

paradocs111
Participant

Thanks for the lathe functions. Please implement  tool orientation from the negative X direction (i.e. a QCTP from the operator's side). Not all of us have turrets.

fonsecr
Autodesk
Thanks for the lathe functions. Please implement  tool orientation from the negative X direction (i.e. a QCTP from the operator's side). Not all of us have turrets.

I'm not quite sure I follow. The X axis direction (side of approach) would be a post customization thing. You can add a picture of your setup so I can confirm this.

René

paradocs111
Participant
This is my Tormach Slant Lathe. The operator stands to the right which is the negative X side of all tool paths when using a quick change tool post. So far I have been unable to orient the lathe tool this way in Fusion 360.
fonsecr
Autodesk

This is my Tormach Slant Lathe. The operator stands to the right which is the negative X side of all tool paths when using a quick change tool post. So far I have been unable to orient the lathe tool this way in Fusion 360.

The axes will be mapped to the machine axes with the desired signs by the post.

When programming just make sure that the turning toolpath is ok in the ZX plane.

The post team is working on a Tormach turning post which has the various options built in. E.g. the -X flip corresponds to a 180 degree rotation around Z axis but the toolpath is still valid as programmed by this transform since the inserts are still cutting on the same side.

Hope to have the new post ready very soon.

René

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report