Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Better documentation

Better documentation

Fusion 360 is an awesome tool, but far more complicated than it appears.

I've got solid modeling down to where I can do things I need. But the form mode (t-spline modeling) is a total mystery to me, and I know I have ideas that could flourish in this area.

A book is desperately needed, as are videos. that are (broken record) readable off-line, away from the computer. As well as step-by-step teaching.

Other autodesk products have books but they are evolving at this pace. You need a documentation team for this product.

5 Comments

Also it'd be nice if the documentation (video and text) were carefully curated - because F360 has been under rapid development for so long, most of the stuff I run into is out of date.

Closely related (and I have no idea how to handle this well) but it'd be great to have a bank of well designed and extremely short (~15-30s) but sweet videos showing off features and design methodologies.

It's a testement to how much is in the product that I'm inadvertantly learning new things that it can do almost every time I watch a video.. but it's also an indication that something is amis that I didn't know about them before given how much I use it. 

banshee10
Advocate

+1 to video curation - at least delete or mark your own videos from youtube that are obsolete.

And please, please - more text.  Videos aren't searchable, so trying to figure out which youtube videos have the things you need is just an exercise in frustration.

jsquaredz
Advocate

THis is a pretty good course for basics while its still relavant.

https://v8.myigetit.com/Course/Display?id=10498

keqingsong
Community Manager
Status changed to: オートデスク審査落選

keqingsong
Community Manager
Status changed to: RUG-jp審査通過

Thanks for the idea, we are archiving this idea and have it captured. The software is evolving so rapidly that we are always looking to improve our learning experience. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report