Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

better display when deep selecting a face

better display when deep selecting a face

I'm using Fusion 360 to design a piece of furniture.  It contains lots of "boards" that can be visualized as rectangular bodies mostly at right angles to each other, with lots of overlapping pieces (like a top that covers the sides when viewed from above).

When I need to select a face that is "on edge" in the current view, and I click and hold to bring up the selector to dig down into the potential things under the cursor, I find the current method of displaying which face is which as you mouse over the different faces in the list to be difficult to use.

I can see surface normal planes lighting up and submerged normal faces lighting up their perimeter, and can see submerged edges light up, but the indication that I'm on a hidden face under an edge is...nothing is lit up.  This is counter-intuitive since other types of features all light up.  It would be much better to have the edge light up in one way for an edge and a different way (different color, dashed, whatever) when the face hidden beneath that edge is selected.

1 Comment
keqingsong
Community Manager
Status changed to: RUG-jp審査通過

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report