Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Being able to replace a tool on multiple operations.

Being able to replace a tool on multiple operations.

In the CAM section, tool library there is a way of editing a tool spanning several operations in your setups.

One thing i ran across was i broke a 3.5mm endmill on a setup that hade 20+ operations.
And needed to replace each everyone of em with a 3mm endmill. That is one hour of my life i never get back.
A right click "Replace tool" option in the tool manager menu for the specific document would do just that. And then you could mass edit all similar operations in one go instead with the compare and edit option.

6 Comments
kb9ydn
Advisor

It would be nice if there was a way to globally replace a tool like you say.  However for the time being you could just edit that 3.5mm tool and turn it into a 3.0mm tool.

C|

andreas
Enthusiast
Of course i could.. but that makes no sense when i have prepared 3.0mm
tools in mymain library. 😃

// A
kb9ydn
Advisor

No it doesn't make sense.  I just wanted to point out that it could be done as a workaround.  Smiley Wink

The entire tool library and management system is an area that is currently undergoing rework, so hopefully this will be one of the things addressed in the future.

C|

andreas
Enthusiast
Cool, yeah the tool management is a mess. But yeah i hope this is a
feature that slips in. Would help when doing large setups. 😃
cj.abraham
Alumni
Status changed to: オートデスク今後検討

Agree that this would be a great feature. 

ianEH8VX
Explorer

Any movement on this? We've got several machines and multiple tool libraries specific to each machine.  Currently swapping a program from one machine to another is a giant time sink.  

Even a check box on the compare and edit to change tool would be helpful.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report