Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup, undelete, recovery

Backup, undelete, recovery

I've been an advocate for the cloud environment but...

The other day one of my colleagues moved some folders using the web interface. Once it informed him they were moved, he walked over to my workstation to inform me of the changes. I started browsing the new location in Fusion and the files started disappearing before my eyes before the whole folder was gone. All said, I'm now missing what I believe is 40-50 files. We've got a call in with support but, now starting on day 3 these files are still missing.

Services like Dropbox have a way to go in and undelete files/undo changes. This would be really freakin handy. It would also be nice if there was a way to go in and quickly select entire projects or all projects and create an archive one could save locally. Lastly it should be a lot easier to, in events like this, get a backup from your end.

2 Comments
O.Tan
Advisor

Hmm...technically that shouldn't happen. Well I'm pretty sure Fusion support team will get back to you on this shortly.

In the future, if something odd happens, just post it up in the forums, Fusion support is AMAZING and they'll do their best to sort out issues like these.

charegb
Community Manager
Status changed to: オートデスク審査落選

What happend in this case should not have happened and we are working to make sure that it never does.

A "Recycle bin" like concept is very useful for recovering data that might have been accidentally deleted. We are working on solution for this.

Thanks,

Bankim

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report