Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Axis Labels

Axis Labels

How about color coding the entry boxes with the same colors as the axis lines? When I'm presented with the Move dialog box, I never know which axis is which. If you either made the titles in the diolog box match the color of the axis in the drawing or put a small x, y or z on each axis in the drawing it would make things much easier to see.

Thanks

Hanswurst

9 Comments
Oceanconcepts
Advisor

Would be neat to see when the maipulator is alligned with the X-Y-Z axis- but when the Move manipulator displays or is reoriented, it's in relation to design geometry, not necessarily to world space. 

AbdnAllHope
Advocate

This is one of the first things I noticed when I started using Fusion 360.  So much flip flopping between Z up and Y up programs.  Color coding or axis labels would be helpful.

phil

maritza.ga
Alumni

Hey guys,

We have started coming up to a solution to this problem by color coding the axis.  Below you can see what we are thinking. Please let us know if you have any feedback.  

Thanks,

Maritza

color on axis.jpg

maritza.ga
Alumni
Status changed to: 実装済み

wipw
Enthusiast

I see that axis labels did not make it into F360 so I am going to request again on Idea Station.

adamg9U9B2
Participant

I agree axis labels (x, y, z) corresponding to the associated colors as well as the corresponding colors associated with the axises in the browser.  Please!

brianrepp
Community Manager
Status changed to: オートデスク今後検討

JamieGilchrist
Autodesk
Status changed to: オートデスク審査落選

we have added this to our backlog and will be evaluating the solution and any extenuating implications on the experience to make sure it's the right one.  Look for this in upcoming updates.

hope this helps.

mencoyand
Observer

For those of us who are color blind (red/green) I would like to see the axes labeled with text.  Also would be nice to label auxiliary axes with custom labels too.  Thanks!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report