Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autodesk Fusion 360 Login screen should show version number and auto update

Autodesk Fusion 360 Login screen should show version number and auto update

Fusion 360 login.cpt

I was thinking there are some improvements Autodesk could add to the Fusion 360 launch screen.

- Update before Login

I love how Fusion 360 is cloud based and allows me to log in from any Mac or PC that it is installed on.  The problem is that the updating process doesn't happen until after you've logged in. It would be nice if the app would start the download and update process from launch rather than waiting for the user to log in. It would save time in lab environments where I like to pre-launch the apps ahead of students using it, or when I'm jumping between workstations in the lab area vs where the CNC machines and 3D printers are. If there is a security issue, maybe you could at least do the download, and then do the install after logging in.

- Show product name in the login screen. As more Autodesk apps become cloud based you'll want to keep your distinct product branding on the login screen to avoid confusion.

- Show version number and last updated date

It would be nice if the login screen had the installed version number and the last updated info so when you run into problems with launching you'll have better info to give support easily on hand.

- Consider embedding a web browser into Fusion 360 so that the app is in one tab and that other Autodesk resources like support forums are in another tab. Currently having to do login and 2nd factor authorizations from a different web browser waste login time each morning when working from public workstations at the TechShop. At home this is less of an issue since I can chose to stay logged in.

- After you log in create a log history the user can see where they've logged into from. Helps to keep legal registration and usage tied to the user (especially if they chose autologin options on public machines).

7 Comments
Riptide360
Advocate

Please push to get Fusion 360 to update on launch instead of after login!

Please push to get Fusion 360 to show what version it is and what version it is updating to in the update screen.

I run into this issue frequently at the TechShop, and I'm sure countless others run into it a schools and other lab environments.

Fusion 360 update.png

Riptide360
Advocate

Updating.png

You'll notice in the various Update screenshots that you can't see the current version of the app, or the version you are updating to.

I would ask that Autodesk PLEASE look at:

1. Download updates in the background at launch, instead of after login (allows better updating in classroom environments).
  2. Show the app version and date in the login screen so users can easily tell which version they are running.
  3. Show the update version and date in the download/updating screen so users can report which version of the update they are running into problems with.
  4. Have your QA team test in lab, classroom deployment software like Symantec Ghost, Deep Freeze Cloud, Apple Mac App Store and Microsoft Windows Store auto update environments.

Sorry for the repeatitive comments, but I'm running into this issue every day!

lthssoftware
Observer

Absolutely would love to see a manageable update mechanism for Schools/Lab environments.  We have users(high school students) that are not administrative users and updating the product is cumbersome, especially since as noted the product cannot be updated until you are logged in.

colin.smith
Alumni
This item has been archived due to a lack of votes. If you feel this item is important feel free to create a new idea station item.
colin.smith
Alumni
Status changed to: RUG-jp審査通過

colin.smith
Alumni
This item has been archived due to a lack of votes. If you feel this item is important feel free to create a new idea station item.
colin.smith
Alumni
Status changed to: RUG-jp審査通過

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report