Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto Update should wait

Auto Update should wait

Auto-update takes insanely long, especially when all I want to do is check something quickly. Update should offer an option to "Update Now" or "Update when I Exit" so that we aren't stuck waiting around for it to finish and then reopen before we can actually get to work.

6 Comments
k6ls
Advocate

I agree.  Nothing yells that you don't care about my time, by forcing an update at an inopportune time.
I will cooperate, just give the option.  Most times you need to do something when you launch the program,

or you need to go somewhere when shutting down.

How about a 24hr notice?    Message pops up and says there is an update and you have 24hrs to manually update or the auto update will execute, or choose the option to update 'now'

keqingsong
Community Manager

I'd like to drill into this a bit more. How long are updates taking for you? 

k6ls
Advocate

just ran into another issue.

F360 is installed on our computers at school, at the "admin" level.

I don't bring my computer in due to this fact.

This weekend's update wasn't applied and now I can't do anything because someone at the admin level needs to do it.

If there was a 7 day grace period, that would be helpful as I'm "off-shift"

keqingsong
Community Manager

Thanks for both of your feedback. I'd like to provide some context to the current behavior and talk about some of the work happening right now to make it better. 

1. When Fusion 360 is updating, you can continue working through the update. It should not impact the performance of Fusion 360 since aside from data management, cloud solves and cloud rendering, everything else is computed locally. 

2. When the update is done, you do not have to restart. You can continue to work until you are ready to save and restart to get the latest update. 

We are working on improving this update experience so it is less obtrusive and more streamlined.  

keqingsong
Community Manager
Status changed to: オートデスク今後検討

keqingsong
Community Manager
Status changed to: RUG-jp審査通過

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report