Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto Naming of Components and Sketches

Auto Naming of Components and Sketches

When creating components from bodies, or sketches from surfaces of components or bodies, the new item should inherit the name of whatever it came from. It's very time consuming to make a large model, name all the bodies, then have to name all the components after they've been converted.

The same is true of sketches. It's very time consuming (and confusing if there are many sketches) to rename particular sketches that you have made from faces of a component.

4 Comments
promm
Alumni
Status changed to: Gathering Support

TimeraAutodesk
Community Manager
Status changed to: RUG-jp審査通過

Thank you for idea - this is getting archived due to lack of votes. Ideas with 10+ votes within a month are reviewed by the Product Management team for future consideration. If you feel strongly that this is needed, please resubmit with more detail on why you think this is valuable to Fusion 360 users so that the idea gathers some more support from the community. 

maximumiq
Advocate

Hi, I would like to vote this up, but the vote button is disabled or not active. Why is that.

I experienced this annoying rename situation too, searched ideastation and found that i'm not alone, but then it turns out that I cannot vote the idea up. Weird.

keqingsong
Community Manager
Status changed to: Implemented

This has been implemented in our July 27th update: http://www.autodesk.com/products/fusion-360/blog/july-27-2016-update-whats-new/

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report