Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Augmented Reality

Augmented Reality

The topic of augmented reality can be a massive undertaking when considering the full breadth of merging virtual objects with real-world environments in real-time. 

While a full-featured augmented reality built into Fusion 360 would be surreal, I am suggesting a small subset of that capability. I've found myself taking photos of a physical environment for a soon-to-be integrated CNC machined object. I think it would be wonderful to create a 3D object and then showcase the object live with clients in the IoS or Android Fusion 360 app with the background being a live camera. I would love to be able to resize the object and rotate with the changing of the live video.

3 Comments

I'm not sure how practical AR / VR would be for designing, but a decent implementation might be enough to get me to buy a HoloLens or VR headset

aceronvimov
Observer
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey there.  DottyAR the app is now supporting fusion360 files in Augmented Reality and it looks pretty awesome. It also has InstantAR links like this V8 engine you can try:

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report