Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assembly features such as cut, hole, fillet

Assembly features such as cut, hole, fillet

Hi,

Why do we have to break the link to inserted components to make an assembly cut, hole, fillet, etc. that goes through all or selected components?  There are many times in a production situation when you assemble, then drill or cut multiple components - say a weldment.  You still buy the component as designed, then modify the assembly.  By breaking the link, you can't later modify the component by itself and have it update in the assembly.  SolidWorks, ProE/Creo, Catia, and many other CAD programs have the ability to make assembly features.

I've only been using Fusion for a little while and it's a great idea and concepting tool, but without features like this, it'll be tough for it to become production software.

Thanks,

Steve

5 Comments
keqingsong
Community Manager
Status changed to: Future Consideration

This is a good idea, we've captured it with our team, and this is definitely something we want to get to. It is a very large project and will require a lot of work to get it done right. We will prioritize this accordingly and keep you posted. 

manuelmairRLBH3
Explorer
A really needed feature!!
asira_91
Contributor

I was surprised to learn this wasn't already in here. Look forward to seeing it implemented.

Raymondfox5
Observer

I know this is a few years later but I am still curious about this progress. The ability to make assembly only cuts is a very common workflow if you ask me (weldments). Strongly needed for practical adoption of the software. 

mrm1018
Advocate

Any updates on when this might get implemented?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report