Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apply button for command dialog boxes

Apply button for command dialog boxes

This idea was originally posted here:

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/ideastation-request-a-feature-or/apply-button-in-various-commands-dia...

...but was archived due to there already being an equivalent functionality in Fusion.   However, the suggested equivalent function uses mouse gestures, which I (and some others) don't really like.  Particularly I find mouse gestures difficult to use due to the style of trackball that I use.

Anyway, the requested functionality is an "apply" button for commands that typically require many selections to be made (like fillet), or are repeated frequently (extrude, move, etc.).

C|

2 Comments
kebes22
Participant

If I am understanding your idea correctly, then I agree with you. My problem is that once you get several items selected at a time it starts to really bog down for adding new items, since it regenerates every single one of them each time you add one. I would like a way to suspend the update of the changes until I have made ALL of the changes, and then apply them all at once (without hitting OK and exiting from the dialog box). Then I could "preview" the changes once I am ready, and make more if needed.

The only "workaround" I have found for this is to constantly hold the "CTRL" button while making the selections, which will suspend the update until you let off of CTRL.

kb9ydn
Advisor

@kebes22  That wasn't quite what I was thinking of but it's an interesting point.  The original idea was more about being able to quickly repeat a command and breaking up features that require many selected entities.  I'm not sure if this is the best way to deal with the slow preview problem or not.  Will have to think about this one.

C|

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report