Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Allow desktop shortcuts to files in Fusion 360

Allow desktop shortcuts to files in Fusion 360

You have heard the response to the cloud situation so I won't repeat that here. But I will say that another issue with offering cloud first is a slow down in how I work. I'll provide an example so you understand how your software slows down my workflow when it doesn't have to. 

TLDR: Allow desktop shortcuts so we can click on the model we want, loading Fusion 360 and that model in one go. 

With Photoshop, I have personal folders with all the PSD's I have been working on. When I want to work on a file, I don't open Photoshop and then open the file I want - it's the other way around. I double click on the file I want, then Photoshop opens, then it loads my file. 

By forcing users to open the slow loading Fusion 360, then open the slow opening Data Panel, then double click on their model it slows down the workflow, even if it's only by 30 seconds.

To solve this, create/allow offline desktop shortcuts with links to the files in Fusion 360. This does 2 things - first, it allows people to work how they normally work by opening the file they want which opens the program - and it also gives you extra marketing/mindshare on a users personal system (showing a lot of Fusion 360 files vs only being accesible and visible by one app). 

I have attached a crude mockup of what the shortcuts could look like.

2 Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can't work out how to edit the above post, but here's a visual version of what would be very helpful and save a few seconds or more in time: 

roary.jpg

charegb
Community Manager
Status changed to: Future Consideration

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report