Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Allow 2-tangent circle to use arcs/circles for tangents.

Allow 2-tangent circle to use arcs/circles for tangents.

Please modify the 2-tangent circle sketch option to support tangent to arcs and circles.  It currently only supports lines.

10 Comments
smeggy
Advocate

this has frustrated me forever and I usually have to resort to icky workarounds. I cannot for the life of me imagine why this does not work with curves like most other programs.

RBeaubien
Participant

Agreed.  I have to export the .DXF and edit in DraftSight to finish most of my designs.

Status changed to: Future Consideration

Hi @RBeaubien,

We agree. We have put this in the backlog. Using FUS-23934 to track this request internally. 

Thanks,

Maritza Garcia

anthony.chan
Contributor

This has frustrated me too! I can only draw a circle first then tangent to another circle/arc. 

TurtleRacing
Advocate

So has this been fixed? Any arc or circle tangent should be able to done tangent to arcs/circles. 

This is very frustrating.

TurtleRacing
Advocate

I agree, what is happening with this? This is very frustrating! To be such a simple and needed command why has it not been taken care of yet.

RBeaubien
Participant

The wait on this is getting pretty ridiculous. 

stilltheone
Explorer

I am an applications engineer for a major milling machine company. I have been reviewing this product as a possible fit for some of our customers. So far I have found it to be quite difficult to use and lacking in some basic construction tools that are common in other systems. Tools such as arc tangent to 3 objects not working with arcs is, well what can I say this should have worked from the start. Other things like translations, offset,rotate, move, etc. are extremely quirky and don't seem to allow copy. you need to revamp the basics before you move ahead.

Scoox
Collaborator

Yes please, let me count the times I've wished Fusion 360 had this.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report