Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding pages within the same drawing file

Adding pages within the same drawing file

I would like to produce rich IP documentation of my designs using the Fusion 360 Drawing modual (Big fan of it, so I want it to be all it can be).

The current build (as I understand it) only allows one drawing file page to be saved out at a time. I would like the ability to basically create a full design doc with many pages within a single drawing file that I can then export out as a multipage PDF document, set of PNG or JPEG files. 

In addition, I would like to be able to pose my 3D file then have it translate over to the Drawing as a custom camera option. Currently Drawing views are very limited. Ideally I would like to be able to build detailed assembly instructions so views would need more flexability than they are currently. Will need to zoom into specific features as set up in the Model modual or within the Drawing modual itself. 

Hope that is clear. 

8 Comments
O.Tan
Advisor

Yea, the drawings module itself is very much limited, it feels more like an afterthought in comparison to the rest of Fusion, nothing much has changed since 1 year ago in regards to drawings whereas other areas has seen many improvements. I don't know how AD is organized but I feel they should just stop/slow down everything else and get Drawings to be up to par as other CAD systems, not asking for all bells and whistles to be there but common operations should be there and working.

I'm very curious to hear the vision on how they plan to tackle Drawings as it's something which requires lots of flexibility (user able to make changes based on their needs) and has to provide ease of use to avoid the pitfalls of traditional CAD based drafting/drawings module.

El8ias
Advocate

Currently my BOMs scroll right off the page. For BOM pages it would be great if the table was flexible and would take priority over the line art. Thinking as the BOM grows bigger the art gets smaller until it is bumped, full scale, to an additional page. Ability to add pages is crucial. 

El8ias
Advocate

Feature request continued.

The BOM should also allow hot links to the part's source website. Currently I'm adding web links to the end of the part description resulting in BOM tables that run off teh page. Really need to have an additional dialogue box in the part's properties that can be turned on or off for weblinks and such.

O.Tan
Advisor

Hmm, regarding BoM and Hole Tables, I guess when it comes to these kind of information, Fusion should take the approach more like an excel spreadsheet where the user is able to add or remove rows/columns and probably during editing, those auto-generated part will be "greyed out" but user is able to reposition its cell or add rows/columns as they see fit and fill up those cells with their own information. Somethings like hole callouts properties should be user customisable as there's a difference between 4.00 Hole and a 4.00 Press Fit Hole

El8ias
Advocate

In model / part list properties dialogue box:

Part #

Qty

Part Name

Description

Vendor

Hot link to part

Costomizable Materials (included materials are very limited)

Misc.

Cost / Price of part

Ideal if all of these boxes could be customizable from the Drawing module, for instance I have 28 repeating parts in a model but for the sake of a clean BOM illustration I wish to hide all but 1 the problem is the BOM reflects only 1 when I still want the Quantity and Price box to reflect all 28.

TimeraAutodesk
Community Manager
Status changed to: オートデスク審査落選

Hey @El8ias, I'm going to change this idea's status to Accepted because we have a whole slew of Parts List improvements that you'll see coming through in Drawings this year that I think you'll enjoy.

Also, you can today create custom Named Views in the Model workspace, and those named views all are respected in the Drawings workspace as view types for you to use. Here's a screenshot of an example, you can see "My Custom View" in the Orientation dropdown. 

Screen Shot 2016-02-23 at 10.25.56 AM.png

El8ias
Advocate

That's great news! As Fusion360 is the cornerstone in my design projects, I'm really looking forward to the upgrades set for 2016! 

TimeraAutodesk
Community Manager
Status changed to: Implemented

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report