Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add SketchUp to navigation options

Add SketchUp to navigation options

Can you add Sketch Up to the list of navigation options?

I noticed Alias, inventor, and Solid Works navigation options in preferences.  However, they are all equally horrible if you're coming over from SketchUp to learn Fusion.  

Orbit : Hold down middle mouse button, drag mouse.

Pan: Hold down middle mouse + left mouse button, drag mouse.

Zoom: Roll the wheel (no change here)

No need to hold shift, just the mouse, just use one hand.  Trust me this is way better!

Thanks.

4 Comments
kb9ydn
Advisor

It's not way better if you use a trackball where it's not physically possible to hold down the left button and the middle button at the same time.  Just sayin'.  Smiley Wink

What we really need is to be able to assign whatever mouse button plus key combination we want to any particular action.  That way you can set it up however you want.

C|

Seth789
Explorer

Yes, customizable is the answer, and key combinations (mouse too)  are a good way to do it.  Thanks for the comment.

I use several different CAD's, they all have different methots of navigating the viewport.  It's awkward to have to get used to each one.  Sort of like driving a different car with the break and gass pedals switched.  I'm not a fan of trackball, or space mouse, but I can see now that others are.  So, a standard across all CAD won't work, but better customization will help all of us.  I like that Fusion has some, it just needs more.  Navigation is one of the most fundimental tools, it should'nt have to be awkward.

My main thing is not having to use the keyboard to navigate.  SketchUp turned out to be my favorite.   I had a chance to use Catia V-5 wich I liked very much too.  You could control the speed of the zoom, and easily set the point of interest. All from a standard 3 button mouse.  

I'm new to Fusion 360, but the more learn, the more I lilke. 

keqingsong
Community Manager
Hey there! Thanks so much for submitting your idea. Unfortunately, this idea did not get a lot of votes from the community, and now is 2 years old. We're changing its status to archived. If you still feel strongly about this idea, you can resubmit it. Check out some idea submission best practices here: https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/community-faq/ideas/m-p/5384681#M44
keqingsong
Community Manager
Status changed to: RUG-jp審査通過

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report