Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add constraints between two different sketches

Add constraints between two different sketches

Please add the ability to add constraints on a sketch to previous sketch entities.

Allowing a sketch to reference/constrain to a previous sketch allows for an initial layout sketch to drive subsequent features without having to extrude a shape initially. 

It would also allow references to parts of an early sketch prior to being modified by new features (i.e. pick up the corner vertex even after a fillet has been applied).

The existing sketches are visible and clickable when making a new sketch, but constraints can't be made between the current sketch and the existing sketch.

zz.png

3 Comments
HughesTooling
Consultant

I don't have any trouble doing what you're asking for or am I missing something?

Mark

SpikeFiend
Participant

Hi Mark,

Well...it works for me now, but last night it definitely wasn't! Smiley Frustrated

I couldn't add constraints between the two sketches or snap one sketch to the other... both I'm now able to do (after closing the program and re-opening it a day later).  Seems like a bug then and not a missing feature?

Is there a way to cancel this idea request?

Thanks!

promm
Alumni
Status changed to: RUG-jp審査通過

Mark,

Thank you for the help on this one, archiving due to the solution provided.

Mike

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report