Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add a keyboard shortcut for Edit Form

Add a keyboard shortcut for Edit Form

I would take any key, but since Edit Form is is the press pull of sculpting.  Maybe we could get "Q" to launch Edit Form when in sculpting mode.

Press pull is already pretty smart.  Pre-Selecting a face will launch Offset Faces,  a profile launches extrude, an edge launches fillet, etc.  Would like to pick a face, vertex, or edge on a t-spline body and get Edit Form.

Thanks.

3 Comments
SteveCox3D
Contributor

I'd totally agree with this and fully support the idea (I was about to submit the same idea - good job I checked). 

The Sculpt webinar run by the Street Team on Jan 20th showed how pivotal the Edit Form function is in the Sculpt workspace and is often the first thing you need once your Sculpt entity has been created.  It's a good idea to make the shortcut 'Q' if possible so that it matches a similar function in Model mode.  If the software architecture prevents this then any other free key would do.   

DrNefarius
Contributor

Or better still, much of the functionality should be available straight in the sculpt space, with no need to go anywhere before starting to sculpt away. 

blacktip
Enthusiast

Indeed! Having to go up and click an icon hundred times is very annoying.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report