Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ability to set Construction Plane Normal

Ability to set Construction Plane Normal

We need to be able to set the normal of the construction plane so that sketches be reassigned to a new plane don't get flipped, or splits being redefined via a new plane aren't flipping body identities. 

7 Comments
rickL3JJC
Enthusiast

And for a more mundane reason; so we can control how text is oriented on a sketch plane.

Rick

XOAB

mark2t
Advocate

Seems I can't edit my original post here, so I'll just second what Rick has said about flipping text to be readable.

keqingsong
Community Manager
Status changed to: Future Consideration

This is our backlog, but is still a ways out before we start working on it. We will keep you posted on its progress!

keqingsong
Community Manager
Status changed to: オートデスク審査落選

We need to fix this. We have this in our backlog and will be working on it soon. 

keqingsong
Community Manager
Status changed to: Future Consideration

This is something we like to get to, but it is far out. We have some higher priority projects that need to happen first like Sheet metal and better core modeling functionality. We have your idea captured and will keep you posted on it's progress. 

salesXNAUX
Explorer

any hope of getting this fixed

hoegge
Collaborator

@keqingsong

So now, when sheet metal is out - this would be good to get fixed, also so sketches on flat patterns can be exported correctly

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report