Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ability to permanently save pivot point change

Ability to permanently save pivot point change

I'd like to request the ability to set & save the pivot point permamently (not just between commands but saved within the F3D/schema).   Could be done by remembering set pivot changes from within the move command but it might be nice if it was somehow treated like a atomic command as far as undo/redo were concerned?

Thanks!

-Nathan

3 Comments
TimeraAutodesk
Community Manager
Status changed to: オートデスク審査落選

@nathan.skalsky you can currently do this in the Animation workspace. When you reset the pivot, you'll see a small lock icon that you can click to "lock" in the new pivot point for that component or selection of components. We're still evaluating the design of this feature before pushing it into the Model workspace. Give it a spin and shoot me some feedback if you have any.

nathan.skalsky
Advocate

Hi Timera, Team,

Awesome, glad to see us getting closer to having this in modeling workspace!

I sent you some feedback offline.  Generally I think it works fine - just a couple of offhand thoughts

1) I think the UI presentation looks fine, I certainly noticed the lock symbol right away.. though I was kinda primed to look for it 🙂

2) I think its a bold choice to let the user move the pivot point even when its "locked".. purists may take issue but it makes it super easy to adjust the pivot point without unlocking first and relocking.. thanks for that!

3) Slightly awkward that you can't change the locked pivot point independent of the move/transform commands (or execute a move command when you only set pivot even if you haven't moved the body/compoent).   

4) In the future, locking the pivot point in one workspace should apply to all right?

Thanks!

-Nathan

ledormoix
Explorer

great to see this feature as accepted!

saying that because i just came up to here from a google search, definitely being able to save the pivot point of the bodies/components you are moving is a necessity.  thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report