Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ability to change color of dimension lines in drawings and datum.

Ability to change color of dimension lines in drawings and datum.

I found that others are having the same dispute as I am with the 2d drawings. The need to have control over line weight and color. The current drawings appear very "clunky" as they are. Perhaps having layer control for drawings with line weight and color specified for each layer would be a good idea.

10 Comments
mgm1277
Observer

ability to change sketch line color,

also ability to change dimension size & color,

physical material add 316 stainless steel & 4140 ANSI steel,

colors are also wrong most stainless steels are bright almost

like chrome not dark gray

keqingsong
Community Manager
Status changed to: Future Consideration

Thanks for the submission! We are changing this to a future consideration idea and will keep you posted on when we will get to it. 

blaisebarrette
Advocate

In addition to add the ability of changing the color and shade of dimensions in drawings and sketches, I would also add a checkbox in the "sketch" pallet to toggle the dimensions visibility. I think it could be very helpful to momentarily have an uncultured view to find missing details in busy sketches.

Pretty much like the toggle checkbox already in place for constraints.

Thanks for considering!

sam
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Totally agree - being able to control line weights / colours and text and dim size is essential for making professional and clear looking drawings.  Perhaps having a style sheet that you could assign to different elements might work (a bit like the styles pallet in InDesign).  That way you could set decimal point accuracy, text size etc and then assign the style to particular dims / labels.

karthur1
Mentor

If I can't produce clear 2d drawings, then all the rest of the effort is almost pointless.  There needs to be layer and color controls in the drawing environment.

mgm1277
Observer

changing dimension line weaight & sketching line weaight & color

is not in 2d drawings I am talking about the model - sketching side

of fusion 360

karthur1
Mentor

Excuse me MGM1277 if I misunderstood you, but I was commenting on what was posted by klwill946 about the 2d drawing dimension line colors.  It seems your idea is more about the modeling environment.  Maybe you need to start your own idea thread for that.

thlpap
Community Visitor

Its been almost a year since this was made a "Future Consideration". Is there any solution found to the problem? It seems to me so basic to have the ability to change the dimension color & thickness. Everything we built is translated into 2D drawings for manufacturing. If the manufacturer can't read the 2D drawing, then what is the point?

bwareD9DM5
Community Visitor

Any update on this? There are multiple threads with this same concern dating back many years. Even with a small color pallet to choose from (RGB, or even RB) it would be ideal to change the color of the dimensions, centerlines/marks, feature control frames to something different than the part itself. 

my77gmc5HQJC
Observer

I'm working on making laser cutting files for model airplane wing ribs, being able to change line color in a 2d sketch to signal the cutter to cut or engrave would be really helpful. I vote yes lol

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report