Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A360 Cloud Fusion projects sync with desktop

A360 Cloud Fusion projects sync with desktop

What I would really appriciate is to able to sync my Fusion 360 projects to a desktop folder, just like A360 drive works. 

The reason behind this is that we are working with more Autodesk products in combination with A360 drive. To be able to create local folders syncted to the cloud with dwg and fusion files out of the same project would be awesome in my opinion. Also to have a back-up of all of our files locally would be appriciated. This could achieved by using a drive "dropbox" local synced folder.

7 Comments
Matthew_Curran
Advocate

I posted this same question in the forum yesterday and its not possible yet. I would love to see this implimented! the place I work at now wants to switch over to Fusion 360 but wants the files backed up like you are talking about onto our servers. Please help us Autodesk!

Pontooon
Contributor

i totally agree. this is probably the #1 feature keeping my company from using fusion360 

HughesTooling
Consultant

Looks like it's coming at the end of the year.

See connected desktop.

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/fusion-360-product-roadmap/roadmap-check-in-may-2016/ba-p/6323238

studentodortool
Contributor

@Matthew_Curran@Pontooon Thanks for sharing, it is the same for my company

@HughesTooling That sounds good!

charegb
Community Manager
Status changed to: Future Consideration

Connected Desktop provides a virtual file system view of the cloud data but doesn't actually sync all the data. The sync requirement is a future item we are considering.

Thanks,

Bankim

lostmachine
Participant

To Whom it may concern:

I just lost a weeks worth of work by not having a trusted backup.  I was generating tool paths for Op.2 on my part when Fusion crashed.  Not only that but I've already used half my material (machining Op.1) to make a part that only existed on the cloud.  There is nothing on the "recover documents" in the file menu and the saved version is from a week ago. I'm not going to be able to reproduce an identical sculpted shape (i.e. Op.1 and Op.2 won't blend at the interface).   I'm now looking at a day to re-sculpt my part and generating a lot of tool paths, another $200 in materials, and 3 days of re-machining Op.1 just to get to where I was.

We need a better system for file storage and for auto save.  

Over all I love the product and it is an exciting time to be a maker. I'm lucky this time that this project is for myself and not a client but please come up with a better way to save files.

Thank you,

HughesTooling
Consultant

@lostmachine Have you asked for help in the support form? If you saved your design over the last few days you should have newer version on the cloud or were you working offline? @innovatenate can you help @lostmachine with this?

Mark

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report